Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

After catheter was removed I've had extreme pain and

Customer Question
difficulty urinating. I've also...
After catheter was removed I've had extreme pain and difficulty urinating. I've also just completed radiation treatment for prostate cancer. Bladder spasms and pain in the urethea
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
7/2/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
How many days ago was your last dose of radiation?
Why did you have a catheter placed to begin with?
radiation ended one week ago. The catheter was inserted because of swelling from the radiation and was in place for approx five weeks and was removed four days ago
are you going to answer the question?
Can you clarify exactly what your question is regarding your situation?
Are you on Flomax for your prostate or any other prostate medications?
I am on Flomax and Avodart and saw palmetto (for years). I have visiting nurse saying "since I'm voiding" disregarding the small amount and the extreme pain while doing so and offering no relief. Dr the same. What else can be going on in there to cause the spasms each time I arise from sitting and causing convulsive stoppage of urine into and along the urethra, bad pain right to the end of the urethra. I do no want another catheter.
The pain and forced voiding was no different during the last days of the urethra....
That should read "last days of the catheter". Sorry.
This is taking too long to be of any value to me now. Your service is as unhelpful as the dr/nurse. Please cancel my credit card info. I must leave the building.