Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I have been diagnosed with interstitical cyctitis in

Customer Question
Sept.2011. None of conservative treatments...
I have been diagnosed with interstitical cyctitis in Sept.2011. None of conservative treatments (VesiCare, Elmiron, hydroxysine, amitryptiline, uribel, DMSO and Elmiron and corticosteroid instillations worked. I had two fulgurations, was syptoms-free for 2 months only after the first procedure. Then symptoms returned at full force (frequent, painful urination, up to 40 times a day, up to 10 at night, spasmodic urge attacks to void every 2 minutes for 2 hours). I went to Russia for treatment in June, had only 6 instillations (protargol, followed in 30 minutes with Levomekol_+Synthomycin+Lidocaine heated cocktail), and I forgot about symptoms after the second instillation! Now I am back to the States, and I am wondering whether I can continue this simple and miraculously effective treartment here. I read that protargol is not used in USA. Can I have any hope being treated for real in the States? Cyctectomy is not the answer.
Olga, female, 65 y.o.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
Looking through literature I found that protargol was used in USA early in XX century.
7/1/2015
Urologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
do you have any other medical issues?
have you tried a low acid diet?
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist