How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm really worried I'm a 34 year old male I have 4 kids I'm

Customer Question

I'm really worried I'm a 34 year old male I have 4 kids I'm married. My problem is I have erections that last like 5 hours and my Sex drive is really big I feel like I'm producing too much sperm and it's taking over my thinking, it's been like this for about 2 years now my wife understands and wants me to get a doctor but I feel so imberresed. It's do hard to deal with and I can't get the erection to stop. Please help what should I do???
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
This sounds like you may be having problems with very high testosterone levels. You need to get into see your primary doctor to check your testosterone levels. If they are elevated, then you may need to be referred to an endocrinologist to determine why they are elevated and what can be done to help bring this down depending on the cost. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So how or what can my doctor do? Is it medication cause I hate how I feel and my wife can't handle my Sex drive and to be honest I feel like it's a disease I just want it to go away and it's truly embarrassing for me but I will do what u suggesested

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
What they end up doing completely depends on what the underlying problem is. There's so many possibilities as to what is going on that I can't list them all. To start with, you need to see your doctor to have blood work done which should include a testosterone level. This would be the starting point to figure out what is going