Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small painless, essentially no feeling, lump on the…

Customer Question
I have a small painless...
I have a small painless, essentially no feeling, lump on the base of my penis. It's hard to tell if it's on the scrotum of penis but it is for sure not on the testical. It was at one point much larger and painful and it did pop a couple times releasing fluid.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Urology
6/25/2015
Urologist: Dr. Tharun, Urologist replied 3 years ago
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urologist

When it popped did it release clear fluid or pus ?

Any other complaints because of it?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

Honestly I am not positive what color the liquid was. I want to say it was white but I may very well have been clear. Certainly not like the yellow and green puss from a bad infection. And no other complaints. It decreased in size after it popped and stopped hurting.

HI

It seems like a sebaceous cyst of the skin which got little inflamed and hence the pain the last time it popped. Now that it has shrunk in size it might remain so for sometime. But it can get inflamed again in future. As long as it is symptomless there is nothing to worry about it. Just keep a watch on its size.

Dr.Tharun

Thanks. You're a scholar and a saint

You are welcome. Thank you for the kind words ,but I am a just a doctor trying to help.

Take care.