Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have recently developed a channel of veins that has become…

Customer Question
Hello, I have recently developed a...
I have recently developed a channel of veins that has become more prominent on the head of my penis. They seem to form a V shape towards the tip.
It does not hurt, and there is no visible swelling or discolouration. However, it seems to have permanently altered the skin at the head of my penis and the silhouette of the vein (which is much more noticeable when erect) now remains even when flaccid.
My girlfriend and I often have vigorous sex.
I am wondering if there is any recommended treatment for this?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
6/22/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Does the vein feel hard when you press on it?
No it does not feel hard.
Hello.
I have attached a picture.
How long do you think this has been there?
Just showed up in the last week or so. I have other veins on my penis, but, I have never had one show up on the head of my penis.
This looks like a small blood clot in the vein of the head of the penis. This can be from vigorous sex. This is not harmful but can take 2-3 months to clear up. You can try to apply a warm compress to the area to try to see if it will help it dissolve. Hope this helps.
Is there any chance that the raised skin is caused by anything else?
I am concerned about HPV or HSV2.
Thanks
This does not have the appearance of HSV or HPV
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist