How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20387
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have recently developed a channel of veins that has become

Customer Question

I have recently developed a channel of veins that has become more prominent on the head of my penis. They seem to form a V shape towards the tip.
It does not hurt, and there is no visible swelling or discolouration. However, it seems to have permanently altered the skin at the head of my penis and the silhouette of the vein (which is much more noticeable when erect) now remains even when flaccid.
My girlfriend and I often have vigorous sex.
I am wondering if there is any recommended treatment for this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Does the vein feel hard when you press on it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it does not feel hard.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have attached a picture.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
How long do you think this has been there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just showed up in the last week or so. I have other veins on my penis, but, I have never had one show up on the head of my penis.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
This looks like a small blood clot in the vein of the head of the penis. This can be from vigorous sex. This is not harmful but can take 2-3 months to clear up. You can try to apply a warm compress to the area to try to see if it will help it dissolve. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any chance that the raised skin is caused by anything else?
I am concerned about HPV or HSV2.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
This does not have the appearance of HSV or HPV