Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have 3 ulcers in line around the glans base. Ulcer looks…

Customer Question
I have 3 ulcers in...
I have 3 ulcers in line around the glans base. Ulcer looks whitish in the middle with redness around. I had those for about one week already. If possible I can upload some pictures for evaluation. What would be the treatment to apply?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Urology
pictures attached for your evaluation
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/19/2015
Urologist: Dr. Tharun, Urologist replied 3 years ago
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urologist

What is your age?

Are the ulcers painful?

Are you diabetic ?

Any high risk sexual exposure?

Any lymph node swelling in the groin region?

Has it occurred before?

Do you have fever?

Any problems passing urine ?

Dr.Tharun

Hi DRI am 35, ulcers not painful unless I touch, I am not diabetic. Had unprotected sex last week, no lymph node swelling, never occurred before. only had some ulcers in mouth some time ago. Do not have fever and no problems with passing urine.

Hello

Genital ulcers after unprotected sexual contact could be an STD(sexually transmitted disease) and needs to be evaluated and treatment started. Usually a course of antibiotics which covers most of the STDs are given after taking blood for necessary tests.

You should see your doctor who can start you on antibiotics for the condition. Local ointments may not be that effective if it is an STD.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Dr.Tharun