Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

Why is my penis had a vibrating

Customer Question

Why is my penis had a vibrating
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 2 years ago.
Such sensations in various parts of the body are called Paresthesias.
The different types of abnormal sensations that are experienced include tingling, pricking, burning or numbness. They may occur in a patch of skin or over a whole limb. In your case it is a vibrating sensation. Although more common n the limbs, they can occur on a patch of skin anywhere in the body including the face, thorax, etc.
Paresthesias occur due to a sensation in the nerves. This can occur due to diabetes, thyroid disorders, stress, anxiety, aging, etc. You should first check up with your doctor to check for these conditions, specially diabetes and hypothyroidism. Most often it occurs without any cause or due to stress.
There are various ways to treat Paresthesias. This also depends on the cause. In general, Maintaining optimum weight, proper diet, vitamin supplements, exercise, treating stress and depression will help in reducing the symptoms. You should try to achieve this at home. You should also take Vitamin B and Vitamin E supplements which are available at all pharmacies. You should also go for regular exercise.
If these steps do not help, you need to consult a neurologist for this. You may need tests like Nerve conduction tests to diagnose your condition.
Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.
I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!
Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.