Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have hyaline casts 2-5, leukocytes moderate. is that in…

Customer Question
I have hyaline casts 2-5...
I have hyaline casts 2-5, leukocytes moderate. is that in normal range?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
6/17/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
No, you should not have hyaline casts in the urine. This can indicate kidney disease from problems like diabetes or high blood pressure.
The leukocytes can be from an infection of from the kidney disease.
It sounds like you need to get in to see a nephrologist to do formal testing on the kidney to determine what may be wrong with the kidneys. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist