Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

27 yr old male. I would like an opinion on something. I have…

Customer Question
27 yr old male. I...

27 yr old male. I would like an opinion on something. I have been to top urologists at Cleveland Clinic and been on courses of various antibiotics. Tons. I was finally diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction or tight pelvic muscles. I have started muscle relaxant and physical therapy. I have been tested for every std and bacteria possible and have had prostate gram stains all negative. I am feeling much better but I still have a clear discharge after I urinate sometimes. Not all the time. It does not smell and it actually looks the same as precum. Very sticky. I know there is no infection but what can this be? It sometimes is stronger after a bowel movement but comes sometimes in the morning after I pee especially after a night of drinking. I wear condoms for sex and am careful but this sticky stuff sometimes drives me insane to think i have some infection. Could it be tight muscles pressing on glands or something?

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Urology
6/14/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 3 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
It's not likely to be the pelvic floor muscles pressing on the prostate or glands. This may just be abnormal amounts of urethral discharge from the glands in the urethra. If all your testing was negative, this does not sound like anything to be concerned about. Hope this helps.

But it must be all related no? Pelvic floor issues etc

It's is possible that it is related to the pelvic floor dysfunction.

Sorry is there any better explanation? Urologist told me tight pelvic muscles were causing my pain and urinary symptoms. Those are much better now with physical therapy and stretching etc. this is the last thing that drives me crazy. its clear discharge never by itself only after urination sometimes, not all the time. no smell and completely clear. looks exactly like precum.

Unfortunately, there is no great explanation for this discharge. I can't determine what it is without being able to see it. If all your testing is negative, this discharge may just be normal secretions from the urethral glands.

Ok thanks. I will rate to finish now. Urethral glands connected to everything right? If there was infection, it would have shown on gram stain or urine etc.

Urethral glands are connected to the urethra. An infection would have appeared on your testing.