Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Possible tiny black specs .. less than one mm in semen A/

Customer Question
possible tiny black specs ....
possible tiny black specs .. less than one mm in semen
A/ could that be dry blood ? I have seen this mentioned as possible cause when I googled it but whole urinary system , kidneys prostate,urethra etc are too mist for bood to congeal are they not ?
B/ could blood in semen be indicative of urinary tract or kidney cancer ?
Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Urology
meant to say too moist for congealed blood .. also possible bits of hair etc
shall try again sorry .. I meant they are tiny black specs but isn't the urinary tract etc too moist for blood to turn black ??
6/14/2015
Urologist: Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident replied 3 years ago
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Hi
Since when ?
Any pain while passing urine ?
Pain during ejaculation?
Blood in urine ?
Do you take blood thinners ?
Did you have intercourse after a long gap?
Please let me know.
Dr.Tharun
Thanks Doctor
I think the black specs may be lint .
I have no pain at ejaculation,
the ejaculation was about 1 week after last.
I have seen GP and am having psa blood test and cytology
I had a cytology about 3 years ago and found haematoma , subsequent cystoscopy procedure found nothing , 2 subsequent cystology were clear .
I have health anxiety condition related to Obsessive compulsive disorder.
But will have the above tests anyway.
ThankyouWilliam
HI
Even if it is blood in semen , there is nothing to worry unless it is persisting for long time like weeks together. It always subsides with time and usually due to non specific inflammation of the prostate.
It is always better to do some tests to be on the safer side. PSA and urine cytology are definitely one of them. You can also request for a trans rectal ultrasound of the prostate in such cases.
Drinking plenty of water and occasionally a course of antibiotic is all which is needed for this harmless condition.
If you have any doubts, please let me know.
Dr.Tharun