Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I got a bladder infection frequency alittle burning on

Customer Question
urination and back pain mosey...
I got a bladder infection frequency alittle burning on urination and back pain mosey on left kidney. My gp and urologist on vacation til Tues for Gp and next Friday urologist. Gp just sends me to urologist. Iam on Clymndamycine for skin problem. What can
I do til I see a doctor in 7-10 days???
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Urology
I tried the gp and urologist back docs who are also full
I tried the gp and urologist back up doctors. Most my docs took a two week trip and are part of same practice. What can I do? Is clyndamyacin alone 300 twice day enough til urologist in 10 days or gp in 7? What can I do til the urologist?
6/10/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 3 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
This sounds like you may have a kidney infection called pyelonephritis. This is not well treated by clindamycin. If you can't see your doctors, you need to go to the ER for an exam and urine culture and you likely will need to be started on an antibiotic like cipro instead. Hope this helps.
Fever low and my doctor has a urgent care but may not beable to go til Friday afternoon. Is that quick enough? The hospital is a 12-18 wait.
No, that is not soon enough. A kidney infection can make you severely ill if not treated soon. By soon I mean within the next 12 to 24 hours. It sounds like you probably need to go to the hospital.