Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband went to an urgent care and was prescribed Cipro…

Customer Question
My husband went to an...
My husband went to an urgent care and was prescribed Cipro for 10 days. 10 years ago he was prescribed Cipro for 28 days for bacterial prostatitis. I'm pretty sure he has the same thing once again. Is it ok to take Levaquin once the Cipro is finished? I have 13 750mg Levaquin. I feel the clinic didn't prescribe long enough. He doesn't have insurance.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Urology
6/8/2015
Urologist: Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Levaquin and cipro belong to the same category.
Hence, they are interchangeable.
However, it will be better to discuss with a doctor after 10 days to see if he still needs antibiotic.
If no symptoms, after 10 days, then this is unnecessary.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****