How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 56624
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've had trouble urinating since I was about 18. I can't go

Customer Question

I've had trouble urinating since I was about 18. I can't go anywhere comfortable. In my own house it's difficult to get things going. And if I hop in a warm shower almost instantly I can go. Now if I'm somewhere in public forget about it. Unless I've got complete silence.
I've seen many urologist. They've all looked inside me done tests. I have no restrictions. They say the muscles work proper. So they put me on. Effexir 75mg and flowmax .04 mg. About 3 months ago. I really haven't noticed anything except. My mood is worse and I feel tired all day. And I can't ejaculate during sex
I'm hoping you may have better ideas ?
I live in San Diego California
Email me asap please. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
any other medical problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing I'm healthy
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
thanks for this question
I don't think those drugs are appropriate. They won't help at all
I would ask to be taken off of them
I would seek physical therapy or counseling instead.
There are physical therapists that work with this kind of issue or counselors that do as well
Clearly this is all mental so meds are not the answer.
Ask your primary doctor or urologist to see a counselor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No therapist or councilors take my insurance
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
You will need to pay out of pocket then
You could also get therapy online
Go to
They can help
But if you truly want to overcome you may need to pay a therapist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is this therapy called
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Pelvic floor dysfunction therapy