Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have noticed a brownish stain in the front of my

Customer Question
underwear. And I also have...
I have noticed a brownish stain in the front of my underwear. And I also have a burning sensation when urinating.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Urology
6/4/2015
Urologist: urologyguru, Urologist MD replied 3 years ago
urologyguru
urologyguru, Urologist MD
Hello! Thanks for allowing me to help you today. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions and positive feedback is much appreciated.
This sounds like a urinary infection.
The spot is likely discharge from the inflammation.
You should get your urine tested and then start a course of antibiotics.
Your primary care doctor can do both of these things and give you a prescription.
I hope this helps. Please ask any follow up questions you have until you feel satisfied with your answer. Positive ratings are much appreciated!
------------------
This answer is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. Through this answer, urologyguru provides general information for educational purposes only. The information provided here is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider. urologyguru is not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this site.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 OR YOUR PHYSICIAN. If you believe you have any other health problem, or if you have any questions regarding your health or a medical condition, you should promptly consult your physician or other healthcare provider. Never disregard medical or professional advice, or delay seeking it, because of an answer here. Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice. You should also ask your physician or other healthcare provider to assist you in interpreting any information on this site, or in applying the information to your individual case.
Medical information changes constantly. Reliance on any information provided from this answer is solely at your own risk.
do you think it's not an STD? I can wakeup in the morning and have no burning sensation when urinating. But later in the morning or afternoon the pain comes back when urinating. Also there is no blood that I see in my urine when I urinate all through the day
with no blood in my urine. And when urinating there no pain first thing in the morning but later there is pain when urinating. Does that mean there is or isn't possible STD?
I think there is a very low risk of an std and more likely a urinary tract infection.
Discharge can be present with just a UTI and your description fits the bill.
I hope this helps. Positive ratings are appreciated!
what should I do to fix this ? And should I refrain from sex with my partner so she doesn't get it as well?
Hold off from intercourse.
I recommend getting a urine test and a course of antibiotics.
Ask for cipro 500mg twice daily.
Your primary doc or urgent care can do this.
Please leave a positive rating.
Ok. I am at prompt care now to see the doctor. Thanks for your help
My pleasure. Be sure to leave a positive rating.
I see that you have not left me a positive rating.
Was there a reason?
I have answered multiple questions for you on this thread.
Please leave a positive rating. Thanks.