How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump in my lower abdomen area that I can feel when

Customer Question

I have a lump in my lower abdomen area that I can feel when I press down on it and it burns in my abdomen when I pee. My primary care sent me to a gastrointestinal doctor, shouldn't this be addressed by a Urologist? What could it be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
If it burns when you urinate, it sounds like you may have a urinary tract infection. I'm not sure what the lump in the lower abdomen may be, but it could be a hernia. It doesn't sound like you need a urologist. I would recommend that your primary doctor do a urine culture to test your urine for infection as you may need antibiotics to treat this. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The doctor did a culture and it came back negative. It doesn't burn as I'm peeing in the urethra area, it burns in my abdomen where the lump is as I urinate.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Did they do a CT scan to evaluate the lump?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the CT scan didn't show anything other than constipation
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
If the CT scan was normal, then a urologist may only be able to help with the burning sensation. A GI doctor may be able to determine what the lump is. You may need to see both doctors.