Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a red and swollen penis head making retraction and

Customer Question

I have a red and swollen penis head making retraction and replacement of foreskin difficult
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Are you diabetic?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
type2
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
always stay very clean
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
This sounds like you may have a condition called balanitis. In diabetics, this is commonly due to a fungal infection. You need to get into see your doctor or a urologist for an examination and they may need to put you on a topical antifungal and steroid cream called betamethasone with clotrimazole. If this does not work after six or eight weeks , you may need to see a urologist to consider having a circumcision done to fix this problem permanently. Hope this helps.