Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a red and swollen penis head making retraction and…

Customer Question
I have a red and...
I have a red and swollen penis head making retraction and replacement of foreskin difficult
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
6/1/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Are you diabetic?
type2
always stay very clean
are you there?
This sounds like you may have a condition called balanitis. In diabetics, this is commonly due to a fungal infection. You need to get into see your doctor or a urologist for an examination and they may need to put you on a topical antifungal and steroid cream called betamethasone with clotrimazole. If this does not work after six or eight weeks , you may need to see a urologist to consider having a circumcision done to fix this problem permanently. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist