Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My 84 year old mother is in good health; taking only

Customer Question
statins. She takes aerobic classes...
My 84 year old mother is in good health; taking only statins. She takes aerobic classes 5 times per week and enjoys a fairly active lifestyle. She was recently diagnosed with a hetnia and eas told by her GP that there was no need to have it repaired. I assume he is saying this due to her age.
I assume that there is a chance it can cause complications down the road if not tepaired and as my mother's parents lived well into their 90's - and my mother is in good health now, wouldnt it make sense to have it repaired?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Urology
6/1/2015
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 3 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Is this an inguinal hernia that she has?