How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrThomasMd Your Own Question
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 64313
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrThomasMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My urine test came back positive and I have

Customer Question

My urine test came back positive for trichothecene and I have been sick for years with loads of inflammatory issues. What is the next step and the likelihood of damage?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested. Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?What other tests have you had?How long has this been going on for?What other symptoms do you have?Who ordered the test and why?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Trichothecene can be found in many, many sources, even the foods you eat.Now that you have it in your urine the next step is to see how this fits your entire health picture. I would not rush to feel that it has caused any damage to your body nor that it is at the root of all your medical problems.So. What should you do now?I suggest you take your data to the experts at a large University Teaching Hospital. Why a teaching hospital? Because at an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall. Does this make sense to you? I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been experiencing related symptoms since 2011. I have severe allergys to foods, osteo arthritis, anxiety, insomnia, ibs as well as chronic fatigue and chronic pain. I also have had blackouts twitching in my face and can't think straight. I feel like I'm dying. My primary care giver has me on 14 Meds including Vicodin valum sertaline steroids for allergys and so on... My dermatologist ordered the tests because he was familiar with the symptoms and said my immune system was going crazy. He has been out of the office so here I am freaking out and needing to know the course of action I should take. My rhumetologist said my joint disease has increased a substantial amount in two years and is not common for my age. I am 48 and feel 88. I also worked under a swamp cooler for 7 years and live in the Pacific Northwest. Am I over reacting or do I need to make a move asap?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also I forgot to mention my urine was .51ppb
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 years ago.
HelloThanks for requesting me.Remember to use a long request lock when you request Dr. Thomas, and that way it gets to me.Your question came in at 2:50 am my time. OKfirst, I don't think that we can say go to a teaching hospital yet. Secondly, what level? Do you mean tricholorethelyne?