How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I don't know if this is the correct area for this question

This answer was rated:

I don't know if this is the correct area for this question but I didn't see a g astrologist category. I recently noticed a small lump just above my belly button. It goes away when I sit or lay down but is there when I stand or put pressure on the stomach muscles. It's about 1" in diameter and you can't see it. You have to put your hand there and lightly push. There's no pain with it. I figure it's a hernia but wanted to get your opinion.
Thanks, Jim
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Have you ever had surgery on your abdomen?
Is this protrusion coming out of your belly button, or is it above it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No surgeries and right at the top of the belly button

This sounds like you may have what is known as a ventral (or possibly umbilical) hernia. You should get in to see your doctor for an exam and if this is what you have, you can be referred to a general surgeon to do a simple surgery to fix this. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do they do any arthroscopic surgeries on this kind of condition?

they can do this laparoscopically.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you