How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Tharun Your Own Question
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 3682
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Tharun is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have a buried penis I have had two circumsion

This answer was rated:

I think I have a buried penis
I have had two circumsion surgeries
One as a baby the other around the age of 30
The skin on the bottom of the shaft has constricted over the head of my penis
And I can no longer pull it back resulting in painful urination and erections
Do I need to see a regular urologist or someone who specializes
Also is there a surgical correction for this and is it safe and successful

Can you send in a picture ?

Does your penis bend down when you have erections?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no it does not bend down

it is extremely small

its always been small but now there is nothing poking out unless there is an erection

how do I send a picture?


Just use the insert image icon( ) in the reply box .

Do you think excess skin was removed because of the two circumcisions?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Was the size small before the second circumcision?

Can you pull back the penile skin to expose the head of the penis?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it was

and no I cannot pull it back without severe pain


You seem to have severe penile skin narrowing which is burying the penis within it. This can happen due to excess skin loss due to previous surgeries or severe scaring process while healing.

It may need a complex procedure to correct this deformity. It will require removal of the scared constricted penile skin which will release the penile head.So the painful urination and erections will be settled. Then the skin defect produced has to be replaced with split skin graft and Z plasty skin techniques.

Usually a re constructive / plastic surgeon is well versed with these complex procedures.So approaching them would be advised for your problem.

I hope this answers your question.


Dr. Tharun and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you