How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am impotent because of Parkinson's disease do you feel

This answer was rated:

I am impotent because of Parkinson's disease do you feel that penile implant would be all right for my age I am 69 years old and still feel the desire for sex.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Are you physically able to manipulate a pump in your scrotum?
Are you healthy enough for surgery?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I would be physically fit to manipulate the pump.

I am healthy enough for surgery .. I am 5 foot eight and I weigh 225 pounds. I've been dieting working out at the gym. I walked 3 miles a day ,walk on the elliptical 2 miles ,ride a stationary bike for30 minutes and do weight training every other day

Have you tried penile injections? Are you open to trying them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know what they are. Would like more information on it.

I think there are a few options available to you before going on to a penile prosthesis.
One thing you can do is to use a penis pump in combination with the Viagra or Cialis. To do this, you would take your viagra as usual and then engage in foreplay to get an erection. Then you use the pump to maximize the erection and then put the constriction ring at the base of the penis. If you have already tried that and it did not work, then you will likely require more invasive measure to achieve an erection.
In this case, the next step for you is to go back to your urologist to teach you how to use penile injection called trimix. This medication is injected into the penis by yourself or your partner with a very small needle just prior to intercourse to create an erection. This works very well for many men who cannot achieve an erection with Viagra etc.
Another option is the use a urethral suppository called MUSE that is inserted just prior to intercourse into the urethra.
If this does not work, then the last resort is to have a surgical implantation of a penile prosthesis. This would allow you to have an erection on demand without any medications, however, it is a surgical procedure.
Here is a link for info on penile prosthesis:
Here is a link for penile injections:
Hope this helps and let me know if I can clarify anything.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you