How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello Doc: I am 76 years old and never was circumcised.

This answer was rated:

Hello Doc: I am 76 years old and never was circumcised. For about the past month the skin tightened on the end and won't allow the head of my penis to protrude. Istarted getting soreness and was getting some blood. Iwent to my Doctor, he put me on an antibiotic for two weeks. When I returned he said the swelling and the bleeding had stopped but the skin was still tight and I still have some soreness. Ican still urinate but have trouble cleaning the head inside the skin. Doc made me an appointment with a Uroligist. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX get your opinion.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Did they ever try you on a steroid cream like betamethasone?

Are you diabetic?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dr. Y: The medicine I was on was an antibiotic I think for swelling and bleeding. What I would like to know is if you know what causes this problem and what can be or should be done to cure this and prevent it from happening again. I have an appointment on the 18th with a Urologist. Thanks Dr. Y.

This sounds to me like you have a condition called phimosis. This is where there is inflammation due to a possible infection on the foreskin around the head of the penis. Commonly, this is due to a fungal infection. But sometimes, it is due to no reason that is readily identifiable. You may need to be prescribed a topical steroid with an antifungal called betamethasone with Clotrimazole. If this does not help to clear this up within 6 to 8 weeks, then you may need to consider a circumcision to remove the diseased foreskin. But I circumcision commonly does not have to be performed for this as the steroid cream typically clear this up. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you