Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My partner is experiencing pain when he has an, should i

my name is ***** ***** partner is experiencing pain when he has an orgasm, should i take him to the doctor, he is 49 he has had total physical end of last year, his prostrate was slightly enlarged then, is this common for men his age?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Does this pain only occur when he has an orgasm?
Does he have pain when he urinates?
Where is his pain located?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no pain when he urinates, only when he has an orgasm

Where is his pain located?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hes not sure, it just hurts, he said he thinks it feels like its his prostrate.

It is possible he may have an infection of the prostate called prostatitis. He should get in to see his doctor or a urologist for a prostate exam and a urine culture and he may need to be started on an antibiotic like ciprofloxacin for 30 days to treat this infection. He can take ibuprofen 800 mg every 8 hours for 7-10 days to decrease the inflammation of the prostate that is causing the pain. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.