How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have pain above my genital area right where the pubic hair

This answer was rated:

I have pain above my genital area right where the pubic hair is, I have had similar pain before and the doctors thought I may have had a hernia, but as of 6 weeks ago when I had an ultrasound they discovered everything was normal. I've had a hard time trying to urinate or I also feel pressure when trying to have a bowel movement.....maybe just general soreness from my job? I lift luggage at a hotel.....
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Have you had any discharge from your penis?
Have you had unprotected sex with anyone recently?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No discharge and I've been married almost four years only one sexual partner my whole life
Did your doctors examine your prostate or send the urine for a culture? What did this show?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The initial check up probably a year ago showed everything was normal with my urine, I have had kidney stones before and I also have to admit that I am a bit of a hypochondriac.....
it is possible this may be due to stress from lifting heavy things at your job. You can call small tears in the tissue above your pubic bone region from straining yourself. However, this would not explain the difficulty with urination. That may indicate a problem with a bacterial infection of the prostate called prostatitis. I would recommend you see your doctor again for a recent prostate exam and a urine culture to see if you need to be treated with antibiotics. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yeah the pain is similar to what I had about a year ago when they first thought it was a slight hernia....then it went away for a few months now its back.....should i take ibuprofen?
ibuprofen may help with the pain, but it won't help the problem with urinating. That would require an evaluation by a urologist to see what is going on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I wouldn't say I have a problem urinating just feels pressure in that sore area when I urinate same for when I push for a bowel movement, I can go it just feels tender when I push
OK. Well then I would just try some ibuprofen for a few days to see if this stops the pain.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sounds good thank you for your help, any recommendation for anti anxiety treatments, I tend to focus on one health matter over and over
Sorry, that is beyond my scope of expertise. You have to talk to a primary doctor about that. I only deal with the urinary tract and genital region.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you