How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a healthy 32 y/o male and I have had a problem with delayed

This answer was rated:

I am a healthy 32 y/o male and I have had a problem with delayed ejaculation my entire sexual life. (I did not ejaculate while losing my virginity). It takes me on average 45 mins to an hour of direct penetration to ejaculate. I cannot ejaculate from oral no matter how long. If I concentrate intensely on trying to ejaculate on rare occasion, I have ejaculated in as little as 25 mins. I have been married to the same woman for 9 years now. My wife used to like the fact that I was like this, but now that we have kids, careers, and a busy overall schedule, im afraid this condition has become a deterrent for her. We only have sex about 3 or 4 times a month. All other aspects of our relationship are amazing. The thing is, my sexual desire/drive is still very strong and she is starting to look at sex as more of a chore. I am scared that this is going to damage our relationship.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Are you taking any medications, especially antidepressants?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only medical condition I have is essential tremors and I take a low dose beta blocker as needed for my job to keep the tremors under control.

In this case, the only thing I can recommend is that you see a urologist to have your testosterone levels and prolactin levels checked to see if they are abnormal. Abnormalities in these hormone levels can cause problems with delayed ejaculation and can be treated if necessary. You should see a urologist to help diagnose and treat this problem. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you