Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I am a healthy 32 y/o male and I have had a problem with

delayed ejaculation my entire sexual...
I am a healthy 32 y/o male and I have had a problem with delayed ejaculation my entire sexual life. (I did not ejaculate while losing my virginity). It takes me on average 45 mins to an hour of direct penetration to ejaculate. I cannot ejaculate from oral no matter how long. If I concentrate intensely on trying to ejaculate on rare occasion, I have ejaculated in as little as 25 mins. I have been married to the same woman for 9 years now. My wife used to like the fact that I was like this, but now that we have kids, careers, and a busy overall schedule, im afraid this condition has become a deterrent for her. We only have sex about 3 or 4 times a month. All other aspects of our relationship are amazing. The thing is, my sexual desire/drive is still very strong and she is starting to look at sex as more of a chore. I am scared that this is going to damage our relationship.
8/23/2013
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Are you taking any medications, especially antidepressants?

The only medical condition I have is essential tremors and I take a low dose beta blocker as needed for my job to keep the tremors under control.

In this case, the only thing I can recommend is that you see a urologist to have your testosterone levels and prolactin levels checked to see if they are abnormal. Abnormalities in these hormone levels can cause problems with delayed ejaculation and can be treated if necessary. You should see a urologist to help diagnose and treat this problem. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist