How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been diagnosed with prostatitis a year ago and

This answer was rated:

i have been diagnosed with prostatitis a year ago and sometimes will gte flare ups of pain from time to time and frequent urination. Lately I have been having consistent discharge only when I pass a bowel movement. Should I go back to the urologist about this? A year a ago I went through all testing with him.. prostate cancer check, CT scan, etc.. everything checked out fine.. doesn't hurt during discharge just annoying.. any advice
Dr. Y :

Did your doctor do a urine culture to try to identify bacteria?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes they did do a urine culture and no bacteria

This discharge does sound suspicious for prostatitis as the cause of the symptoms. I would recommend that you see a urologist for an official prostate exam and you should probably be started on an antibiotic like Cipro for 30 days to see if this clears your symptoms up. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you