How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had chronic prostatitis for three years. It comes and

This answer was rated:

I have had chronic prostatitis for three years. It comes and goes, and the Urologist suggested ibuprofen and to check in on occasion when worse. Also, my PCP added a Medrol prescription to get when afflicted. I have some discomfort today which will I know increase in groin and wish to know if a muscle relaxer in limited use might help for a few days since Dr. Lee (Atlanta Urology) is not available until the middle of next week. Yes, I had sex two nights in a row!
John Hendricks
Age 74, very active except 'when"
Griffin GA
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
No a muscle relaxer is not going to help this pain. Are you having fevers with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No-never do,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No-never have fever with this stuff. Just annoying groin - ibuprofen helps

Should I avoid sex for a few days?

If you don't have fevers, then I would recommend just taking ibuprofen for the next 3 to 5 days and refraining from sex until you can get in to see your urologist for an exam. Hope this helps.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you