Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I began to feel a burning when i went to orinate, after that

hello!! I began to feel...
hello!! I began to feel a burning when i went to orinate, after that my lymphs where inflamated. So i went to a clinic in cambodia (im in holidays and im flying tomorrow bacj to new zealand) they give me some antibiotics and told me that i have cistitis! i have been taken the antibiotics for 6 days and the lymphs continued inflamated. Also i have some spot or pimple in my penis, what do you recommed me to do? Sorry about my english im from chile
6/23/2013
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
HI

Did you have sexual exposure during the trip ?

Do you have pain in the spots over the penis ?

Is the urination still painful?

Do you have fever?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun

Yes i had sexual activities with two girls, and the spot doesnt pain just i feel like a itch!

The burning stop just beginning to take the antibiotics and i had never have fever during this period!

HI Erik,

Penile ulcers with enlarged lymph glands sounds like a STD(sexually transmitted disease). It could be lymphogranuloma venereum due to chlamydia along with urinary tract inflammation or chancroid/granuloma inguinale etc though rare.Herpes is generally painful.

You need to see your doctor as soon as you reach New Zealand and take appropriate blood tests and smears.Antibiotics are the treatment for this condition and you are already on it.But you need to be covered for other STD's too as a blanket protocol or according to the test results.

I hope this gives you the necessary information regarding your problem.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident