Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

I am a multiple myeloma patient with leukopenia and

Good afternoon,
I am a multiple myeloma patient with leukopenia and neutropenia. I was prescribed 500 mg of Levaquin for 7 days for a urinary tract infection. In error, I noticed that I took two additional days of Levaquin. I took the medication for 9 days. Should I be concerned about any adverse effects since I took Levaquin for 2 extra days?
Please advise.
HI
You need not worry about any adverse effects if you took only 500 mg daily.
Problems can arise if you increase the dose like 2 tablets at once . There should be no problems if you increase the days as long as the dose is normal.
We sometimes give levaquin for 10 to 14 days when indicated.
So you have nothing to worry.
Regards
Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so placing my mind at ease Dr. Tharun.

you are welcome.