How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Tharun Your Own Question
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 3682
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Tharun is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm sending this in because for about over a month, I've had

This answer was rated:

Hello, I'm sending this in because for about over a month long, I've had a small inflammation on part of the edge of my penis head. It's slightly discolored, like a little darker than the rest of the penis. The only other real symptom I've been having is my penis head seems more sensitive in this last month, like sometimes rubbing up against my underwear is uncomfortable.
Two weeks in I had blood tests and urine tests down for STDs and such, but they all came back negative. I was wondering what this could be, like if it could be like a fungi type infection, or if you had any opinions on what this could be, please help. Thank you.
Do you have any itching in the region?
IS the skin more shiny ?
Any discharge/ oozing from it ?
Any problems in passing urine ?
DO you smoke ?
Have you tried any anti-fungal cream?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No itching in that area. As i said the only really other symptom is that it seems more sensitive than normal.
There's been no discharge or oozing.
As for the akin, maybe it's slightly shiny, but not much. More discolored a little and slightly swollen, very slightly.
As for anti-fungal cream, haven't really used any. Tries a little tacnctin but didn't use much, not sure which brand I should use so didn't want to make it worse.
I do not smoke.
As for passing urine, I think that's been mostly normal. I thought for a little bit it seemed like I had to go more than normal but now I'm not sure if I was just over reacting, because I seem fine now.
HI Ryan,

As there are no major symptoms , we can assume it to be fungal in origin which is causing the trouble.So there is no harm in trying out an anti-fungal cream.Terbinafine can be tried for two weeks.Clotrimazole also is used for this purpose.

If it still persists then you should see your doctor who can try another prescription cream or straight away go for a biopsy of the discolored region.Any lesion which is persists for long should be biopsied.It is done to rule out any skin malignancy.

I hope this answers your question.


Dr. Tharun and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you