How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Urology Question: Dear Doctor, I have a blister on my penis

This answer was rated:

Urology Question: Dear Doctor, I have a blister on my penis and administered fungal treatment.

Can I e-mail some pics and ask for further advice?

I think I messed up my login earlier.

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond to you immediately, it is because I am busy with a patient. I WILL get back to you ASAP.

Yes. If you send a picture by attaching it in your chat box or by emailing customer service to forward it to me, I would be happy to take a look.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you -- I believed I had made a mistake.

I wrote to customer service and will forward the e-mail as soon as they get back to me.
Ok. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please see this link. Mail forward was discouraged. Thank you.
This does not look like anything like gonorrhea or herpes or syphilis. However, it may be a rare sexually-transmitted disease called lymphogranuloma venereum. This blister on your penis may be infected with this bacteria. I would recommend that you see a doctor for an exam and they may need to release this fluid and put you on an antibiotic called doxycycline for 14 days to try to treat this infection. You should not have sexual contact with anyone until the symptoms completely resolved. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

Is this serious, and do I need to worry about other STD (e.g. HIV)? Since the local health facilities have limited (testing) capacity, would antibiotics treatment be an immediate option until I can visit a clinic?
This is not a sign of HIV. However, anytime there is a concern for one STD, you should be tested for all STDs including HIV to rule them out. There would be no signs or symptoms of HIV until years after your contraction of the virus.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you