How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Tharun Your Own Question
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 3682
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Tharun is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

67 year old male with stinging urination that seem to lessen

This answer was rated:

67 year old male with stinging urination that seem to lessen when i drink lots of water.My stream is weak sometimes and had a wormlike clot at end of urine.

Since when ?

Do you have abdominal pain? Fever?

Do you have to urinate at night time after you go to sleep?

Blood in the urine apart from the clot?

History of stone in the kidney?

Do you smoke ?

Are you hypertensive ?

How is your weight -normal or overweight?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not have a fever and i do get up at night to urinate.I have had blood in urine that usually clears with lots of water. I had this problem about 3 months.i do not know if i got a kidney stone.i feel a sting near my penal tip after i urinate sometimes.sometimes i smoke is 168 and iam 5'7".The sting i feel is located near the underside right of penis. I appreciate your response. Tom

Blood in urine with irritative symptoms is a bad combination and raises the suspicion of cancer in the bladder.It may not be true always, but it needs to be checked and this condition ruled out.

The usual cause of blood in urine and weak stream is enlarged prostate gland.If this is the case both can be controlled by medications.

Sometimes stone in the bladder can also produce such symptoms.

So you can see many conditions can produce these overlapping symptoms.Only further tests can shed more light on one particular problem and can be treated accordingly.

You need to do an urine cytology as well as ultrasound scan of the kidneys and bladder.CT scan would be the perfect test, but can be done if the ultrasound shows some problem.
Also a rectal exam is necessary to see for the prostate enlargement. PSA test will see for prostate cancer.

Last test to be done is cystoscopy- seeing inside the bladder with a camera.This will see for any abnormal growths in the bladder.

I hope this helps you take a decision regarding your problem.


Dr. Tharun and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you