How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Tharun Your Own Question
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 3682
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Tharun is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI,I have been having a pain in my right testicle and side

This answer was rated:

HI,I have been having a pain in my right testicle and side of groin on and off for about 3 months.I have been to see my doctor and i have been given an urine test.He told me there is nothing wrong but could not explain the symptoms.I am 47 years of age.

Do you have any problems while passing urine ?

Do you have to strain while passing urine ?

Have you done any scan of the testicles?

Any surgeries in the groin region like hernia etc?

Do you have pain while ejaculating?

Do you smoke or drink alcohol?

Do you travel a lot ?

Stress at work?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI,no problems passing urine,have not had a scan on testicles,i smoke about 8 cigarettes a day and drink ocassionaly,no stress at work but i do feel a bit stressed as i have split up with my wife about 18 months ago and with a reduced income of £350.00 a month due to work employing part timers and paying them to do overtime as it is cheaper.i work as a postman.

HI Adrian,

Such testicular pain could be either due to chronic infection in the testes or dilated veins around the testes.

An ultrasound scan of the testicles will confirm the diagnosis whether it is dilated veins or infection.Sometimes a small hernia also can cause such on & off pain.Ultrasound will find any hernia too.

So I would recommend you to get an ultrasound scan done to confirm the diagnosis.Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.If it is infection, then antibiotics are the answer.If the dilated veins or hernia, surgery is the treatment.

I hope this helps you


Dr. Tharun and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you