Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I am 57 yr old male, have been fighting nocturia for better

Customer Question
than a yr, urology specialist...
i am 57 yr old male, have been fighting nocturia for better than a yr, urology specialist i met with put me on daily dose on myrbetriq (50mg) and flomax (.4mg) three days ago, i continue to have numerous visits to the bathroom at night and even though keeping daily fluid intake to ~40ounces (water), and as little as 6oz of water at dinner ? why do i continue to get up so many times in the evening ? how do i fix this ? psa readings are in the very good range.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Urology
4/24/2013
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 4 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Dr. Y : Thanks for your question. If I don't respond to you immediately, it is because I am busy with a patient. I WILL get back to you ASAP.
Dr. Y : Do you have congestive heart failure or obstructive sleep apnea?

no i dont have congestive heart failure in fact i am in very good health condition other than nocturia condition

no congestive heart failure or sleep apnea

why am i not getting answers as i followup on questions

Sorry for the delay as I was in the OR.
Do you have frequency of urination during the day as well?

i relieve aprx 6 times during the day.

Have you had a urodynamics test to evaluate if your symptoms are due to bladder spasms from an overactive bladder?
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist