Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Routine Urinalysis Results: Specific Gravity 1.026 ph 7.0

Routine Urinalysis Results:
Specific Gravity 1.026
ph 7.0
Urine Color Yellow
Appearance Clear
WBC Esterase 1+
Protein Trace
Gluscose Negative
Occult Blood Negative
Nitrate Negative
Microscopic Exam:
WBC 11-30
RBC 0-3
Epithelial Cells (non renal 0-10)
Mucus Thread Present
Bacteria None Seen
I am taking Nitrofurantoin Mono/Mac 100mg caps twice daily
Your advice?
Thanks for your question. If I don't respond to you immediately, it is because I am busy with a patient. I WILL get back to you ASAP.
What urinary symptoms do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was not having any symptoms until I started the antiobiotics -- now I just have pressure but no stinging when urinating.

How long have you been taking the antibiotics for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was told the lab results on Friday -- started the Antiobiotics that day and then stopped on Sunday because it was messing up my colon; however, I started back today and I have taken one.

With a combination of your urinary symptoms and the mucus that is present in the sample, this most likely indicates a urine infection. If you can tolerate the antibiotics, I would certainly recommend that you continue then. If it is causing some G.I. upset, you need to be sure to take it on a full stomach to minimize these side effects. If your symptoms get worse over the next several days, then you need to call your doctor to get a urine culture results to determine if the antibiotic they put you on is correct. Hope this helps.