How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrKnowsBest Your Own Question
DrKnowsBest, Family practitioner
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 1496
Experience:  womens health and peds specialty, vast urology experience
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrKnowsBest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have a yeast infection because my penis has red bumps

Resolved Question:

I think I have a yeast infection because my penis has red bumps and red spots it also itches at times and also has a cottage cheese like discharge but for some reason the physician im seeing says its just an irritation and its nothing to worry about. What should I do now? Im really worried about this
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 5 years ago.
This does sound like yeast. The cottage cheese may be normal but the red spots are not. You can try lotrimin ultra twice a day for 14 days. This is an adequate treatment but your dr can culture the discharge for yeast first if you ask I am sure. This will tell whether or not this is a yeast infection like it sounds.
DrKnowsBest and 2 other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can i get the lotrimin ultra without prescription at any pharmacy?