How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrKnowsBest Your Own Question
DrKnowsBest, Family practitioner
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 1496
Experience:  womens health and peds specialty, vast urology experience
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrKnowsBest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think my husband has a urinary tract infection, we know that

Resolved Question:

I think my husband has a urinary tract infection, we know that he should drink plenty of fluids, but at this time only dribbles of urine are coming out. Our conern is that he will just fill up and overdose on fluids. Is there anything else that can be done at home since this is the weekend?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 5 years ago.
He needs to call his dr and get started on antibiotics as inability to urinate is usually from swelling and indicates a more severe infection. This can lead to kidney infections and scarring. I would not even wait the day.
DrKnowsBest and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you