Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

Why do I feel the need to urinate again immediately after

Customer Question
going to the toilet?...
Why do I feel the need to urinate again immediately after going to the toilet?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2012
Urologist: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 5 years ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any burning during urination or other symptom? Was any test done? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Have been having problems for a while. Have had urine tests which show no infection etc. No burning or other symptoms.
Thank you for the input.
There can be a few probables. Urine infection is a common cause. You have got tests for that. There can be enlargement of prostate. Prostate inflammation is possible. You can take a consultation with an urologist. A digital examination of the prostate, ultrasound examination can be taken.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
How can it be a prostate problem. I'm a woman and women don't have prostate glands.
Sorry it was a mistake. The optional information did not come first. As most of the customers are male in urology category, so I was biased. Besides infection there can be overactive bladder. This can cause the feeling or urge to pass urine after you voided once. There can be a gynecological issue like a prolapse of the vaginal wall. An evaluation by an urogynecologist can be helpful.
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)