How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Su S Your Own Question
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20912
Experience:  25 years of experience as doctor
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Why do I feel the need to urinate again immediately after going

Resolved Question:

Why do I feel the need to urinate again immediately after going to the toilet?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any burning during urination or other symptom? Was any test done? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have been having problems for a while. Have had urine tests which show no infection etc. No burning or other symptoms.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

There can be a few probables. Urine infection is a common cause. You have got tests for that. There can be enlargement of prostate. Prostate inflammation is possible. You can take a consultation with an urologist. A digital examination of the prostate, ultrasound examination can be taken.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How can it be a prostate problem. I'm a woman and women don't have prostate glands.
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 5 years ago.
Sorry it was a mistake. The optional information did not come first. As most of the customers are male in urology category, so I was biased. Besides infection there can be overactive bladder. This can cause the feeling or urge to pass urine after you voided once. There can be a gynecological issue like a prolapse of the vaginal wall. An evaluation by an urogynecologist can be helpful.
Dr Su S and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you