Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to know the best way to give myself a prostate…

Customer Question
Hi! I would like to...
Hi! I would like to know the best way to give myself a prostate massage. (milking)
Do you know of a good devise? It's very hard using my hand.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Urology
3/14/2012
Urologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
There are many devices available, but as you have already pointed out, they are not for you....
Here is an excellent web page that discusses both an internal and an external method:
http://www.ehow.com/way_5387789_self-prostate-massage-techniques.html
Here is web page that discusses prostate massage in more detail:
http://www.prostatemassageguide.com/prostate-massage-techniques.html
Does this make sense to you?
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the info! That's a lot of information and have gone through most of it.

I still cannot seem to have a prostate orgasm though. Maybe I don't know how it should feel. After a time I get a sensation of barring down and it feels very good!

Is that an anal orgasm or is there such a thing? Also, It may be worth mentioning

that I am on the antidepressant Solved and I know that does affect my ability to ejaculate

especially during intercourse. Could this be hampering my ability to have the prostate orgasm?

Thanks again Rick! Lookin forward to your reply.

Regards, Bob

You know, that is an excellent question. As I am not familiar with the actual techniques or the feelings involved -- and if they taught it in Medical School I mustof missed that lecture -- I must admit that I am not sure.
Many antidepressants can affect this process and, perhaps, solved is one of them. The best person to ask is your pharmacist or prescribing doctor as I don't work with that drug.
I'm glad you found my prior information helpful....sorry about not being able to give you any firm responses to these new issues.
I'm glad you are making some progress and wish you the best. Take care.
I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi Rick,

Sorry, I don't know why the drug came across as "solved". In fact I am taking Zoloft.

Hope you are familiar with that one.

Thanks, Bob

Oops! No wonder I didn't know what drug you were talking about :-)
Yes, Zoloft could contributing to your problems with obtaining orgasm with about 2 in 3 men having problems in this area while using zoloft...
Hope this information helps.
Here is an excellent webpage that tells you more then you would ever want to know about zoloft:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sertraline
Since you have already paid me...Stay Away. Stay Away from that Accept Button... lol!

Hi Rick

I was at my Dr. today and I told her about my problems with ejaculation from the side effect of the Zolof. I do not have any erection problems.

She gave me two samples of Viagra and said it would help with ejaculation!

This does not make any sence to me. Is she right?

Thanks! Bob

It might....heck, with two free samples, what have you got to loose by giving it a try?
Thanks for the update; glad to hear that things are going, at least, a bit better for you.