Sorry for the delay as I was in the OR all day.
1. I was on Cipro first for 6 days. But it made my arms and legs really weak. Then I was on Bactrim for 6 days and it made my heart race. So now I am on my 11th day of Doxy. Should Doxy be effective in treating this? Is it okay that I am not feeling better yet?- Yes, doxy can treat this, but Bactrim and Cipro are better. You may not start to feel better until after 2-3 weeks of antibiotics.
2. It takes me about 20-30-40 seconds to pee. Then it's a weak slow stream. It often feels like I have to pee all the time. But, my symptoms seems to alternate daily. I either feel, swelling or pressure in my bladder area. Or, my urethra burns. Is this normal with Prostatitis?- Yes, and in this case, you may need to have a small catheter placed or a suprapubic tube placed to drain the urine out. Failure to drain the urine will lead to persistent infection.
3. Lately, my penis really hurts. Sometimes it just feels a little inflamed on the inside. Other times it feels like someone squeezed it and it can hurt really bad for hours. Is this also normal with Prostatitis?- Yes
4. Sometimes, my penis feels short and hard, while flaccid. It looks like it's trying to be pulled inside my body. Does this happen with Prostatitis?- Yes
5. In addition to swelling/pressure in the bladder area, I also have swelling above the pubic bone. Especially around the penis. I don't feel any enlarged lymph nodes, but that whole area feels swollen. Is this okay? No, this is a possible indication of urinary retention
. You may need a catheter placed as I described above.
6. Do you think this can be bladder cancer, or urethral cancer? (I had normal bloodwork, painful DRE and normal x-ray) -No, these are not the case
7. Sometimes (only very occasionally) I have tenderness in the flat area under the testicles and anus. Could this be a hernia, or tumor or something?- No, this is prostatitis
8. I use to take a ton of Tums for acid reflux. Could this be some kind of calcification of my prostate, or cysts?- No
9. I am really thirsty. And my hands are dry. Is this from the Doxy, or infection? (or could it point to something else?)-This is likely from the infection
10. What else can this be? If my prostate was inflamed (it hurt when he did the DRE) is likely I have two things going on? Or do you think this is just Prostatitis, and I need to stop freaking out and relax.- This is prostatitis and you need to try to relax
11. One day I was fine. The next day I had a little burning when peeing. The next day, full inflammation and pain. Is that a favorable sign that it's Prostatitis? Would I have had severe symptoms for a long time if it was something else?- This is prostatitis and nothing else
12. My penis is red. Especially the tip. Is this normal with Prostatitis? Yes