How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have a simple yeast infection, but I have cramping.

Resolved Question:

I think I have a simple yeast infection, but I have cramping. It is not from my period, but they are period-like cramps. Could this still be a yeast infection?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.

Yes, any type of infection in the vagina including a yeast infection can cause these cramps. You should see your doctor for an evaluation you may need to be started on Diflucan to treat this. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have a doctor I can see. What is Diflucan? I was going to buy Monistat yeast infection medication. Will this be ok?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
If you don't have a doctor then you can try the Monistat. Diflucan is a prescription antifungal that is much stronger than Monistat.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you