Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I think I have a simple yeast infection, but I have cramping.

I think I have a simple yeast infection, but I have cramping. It is not from my period, but they are period-like cramps. Could this still be a yeast infection?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.

Yes, any type of infection in the vagina including a yeast infection can cause these cramps. You should see your doctor for an evaluation you may need to be started on Diflucan to treat this. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have a doctor I can see. What is Diflucan? I was going to buy Monistat yeast infection medication. Will this be ok?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
If you don't have a doctor then you can try the Monistat. Diflucan is a prescription antifungal that is much stronger than Monistat.