How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Urologist,M.D. Your Own Question
Urologist,M.D., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 4106
Experience:  Board Certified in Urology, Fellowship trained
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Urologist,M.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have pain (feels like bruising) to my lower back left side

Customer Question

hi I have pain (feels like bruising) to my lower back left side this has been for about 3 years i also seem to get lots of colds and flue like symptons on a regular basis especially if i exert myself i.e cycling
regards Nick
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urologist,M.D. replied 5 years ago.

Hello there,
Please be patient, as I may be in the operating room, with a patient, or driving but will get back to you ASAP.

This could be many different things. The 2 most likely are kidney issues or musculoskeletal pain. I do not think this is a kidney problem however. I think this likely is a muscle problem that is causing this. I do not think you need a urologist at this time but a general doctor to have this area evaluated. Hope this helps.

Urologist,M.D. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I had MRI scan approx two years ago with no signs of muscoskeletal problems identified.

regards nick

Expert:  Urologist,M.D. replied 5 years ago.
I think you need an xray then of your kidneys to rule this out as a problem. Probably the best xray would be a ct scan of your abdomen to look at your kidneys and back. If there is something wrong, this should pick it up. Hope this helps.