How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is a prescription required for a penis vacuum pump (for ED)

Resolved Question:

is a prescription required for a penis vacuum pump (for ED)? IF not, where can they be purchased? Radical prostetectomy in 2006--been using caverject but can't stand the excruciating pain within 5 minutes of injection. (pills don't work)
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.

Yes, to get a medical grade vacuum erection device you'll need a prescription from your urologist. However, you can buy some aftermarket on the Internet without prescription. They just may not be as fancy as the medical grade ones . If you still see your urologist, the best option is to see him to get a prescription for you. They sometimes have a representative
from the company who can show you how to use this device correctly in the clinic as well. Hope this helps
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you