How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20389
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had extremely foul smelling urine, like rotten eggs

This answer was rated:

I have had extremely foul smelling urine, like rotten eggs for 6 months now and I havent had a period for 8 months. I have a lot of pain and Ive been taking strong pain meds for years for a back condition and they don't even touch the pain. I've been tested for infections and they were all negative. But I've taken 3 rounds of diff antibiotics anyway. I'm not dehydrated and I'm pretty healthy. I feel pressure on my head a lot and I'm always extremely tired. Please help bcuz I can't get a doctor to tell me anything
Hi there,
Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.
It sounds to me like you need to see a urologist for this and you may need to have a CT scan to rule out kidney stones as the cause of the smell.
It is also possible that this pain is due to a condition called interstitial cystitis where the lining of the bladder is abnormal and makes you feel like you have a UTI or bladder pain. You may need to get in to see a urologist for an exam and a test called cystoscopy to look in the bladder to see if you may have this condition. If you do, then you may be a candidate for a medication called Elmiron to help restore the normal lining of the bladder and stop the pain. Hope this helps
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you