How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20387
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The tip of my penis is red, swollen and wrinkly. The skin

Resolved Question:

The tip of my penis is red, swollen and wrinkly. The skin can look almost cracked and really dry at times right around the hole. There is no discharge and slight pain is usually due to activity (working out, lots of walking , jeans rubbing, etc.) It also does not hurt to pee at all.   I got this after sex with a partner in Malaysia (protected sex/unprotected oral), but all STD's have been ruled out two times. I have also had chlamydia and this is nothing like it.  I thought it also could be soaps, but changing these have done no good either.   I have abstained from sex for weeks as well as using a super sensitive cream for dry skin, excema etc. on the area. I have had this for almost 3 months and it has never went away. Sometimes it does look better than others, but the hole in my penis has never came close to looking or feeling completely normal.  Masterbating seems to really irritate it.   I also read how diet can affect this as well, but I never had a problem before this.  Please help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,
Thanks for your question. If I don't respond immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I will get back to you ASAP.
This sounds like you have a condition called urethritis. I'm not sure why you have a, however it may be related to an infection of the urine which may be irritating the urethra. It may also be related to an infection of the prostate. This has nothing to do with your diet. My recommendation would be for you to be seen by a urologist to have an exam done to determine what this is. You may benefit from a steroid cream such as betamethasone to apply to the penis tip to see if this decreases your inflammation. This is a prescription steroid cream that you'll need to get from your urologist. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have about 25 pills of 500 mg cypro. Would you recommend taking this and see what happens before a visit to a doctor. I am worried that there is permanant scarring in urethra. But this doesnt explain skin condition on outside.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
No, I don't recommend doing that because if your doctor feels like they need to do their own cultures, then taking this antibiotic is going to obscure their results. The skin condition sounds like balanitis and this is treated with the betamethasone as well as a hydrating cream like Eucerin cream.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you