Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Today my urine 's color is very bright, almost orangy peach.

Today my urine 's color is very bright, almost orangy peach. It usually is very light straw color. Should I inform my doctor? I had my 2 wisdom teeth taken out on Wednesday, and has been taking Hydrocodon acetaminophen 5-500 the last two days when there was pain.
Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

The hydrocodone should not cause kidney problems or discolor the urine. This change in color may be due to dehydration and you should drink more water to try to clear the urine up. If it looks like this may be blood, then you should let your doctor know so they can take a sample to test for blood. But from your description, this does not sound like blood. Hope this helps.