How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born with a kidney that has two ureters my right

This answer was rated:

I was born with a kidney that has two ureters my right kidney...that kidney in a CT scan showed that it is a possible sponge kidney. I have had 10 kidney stones in the last 17 years and was diagnosed with Intercystal cystis. I currently have a kidney stone on the left side but it is my right side that hurts non stop. Some days it is truelly horrible to walk stand or even sit. I am not sure what to do as the recent urologist that I have been seeing...the 3rd since all this started because they keep has been let go from the clinic in our area. Do I continue to try and pursue the pain with again another urologist and more doctor bills or just deal with it? I am only 35 and am a single mom with 2 teenagers.
Hi there,
Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.
I would recommend trying to seek out another urologist. Because you have a duplicated ureter in your right kidney, you may have obstruction of one of your ureters which is very common when you have a duplication. You may need a test call the renal scan to determine whether or not you have this obstruction. This is why would recommend seeing another urologist for this. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y. and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you