Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I was born with a kidney that has two ureters my right

I was born with a kidney that has two ureters my right kidney...that kidney in a CT scan showed that it is a possible sponge kidney. I have had 10 kidney stones in the last 17 years and was diagnosed with Intercystal cystis. I currently have a kidney stone on the left side but it is my right side that hurts non stop. Some days it is truelly horrible to walk stand or even sit. I am not sure what to do as the recent urologist that I have been seeing...the 3rd since all this started because they keep retiring....now has been let go from the clinic in our area. Do I continue to try and pursue the pain with again another urologist and more doctor bills or just deal with it? I am only 35 and am a single mom with 2 teenagers.
Hi there,
Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.
I would recommend trying to seek out another urologist. Because you have a duplicated ureter in your right kidney, you may have obstruction of one of your ureters which is very common when you have a duplication. You may need a test call the renal scan to determine whether or not you have this obstruction. This is why would recommend seeing another urologist for this. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.