Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

How is a hole in the bladder of a woman repaired?

Customer Question

How do you repair a hole in the bladder on a woman?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

It depends on how the hole was created, where on the bladder it is located, and how long it has been there. Let me know more details so I can better help.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Don't know how the hole got there. Going to get a scope next week. Hole been there 1 month.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
Does it connect to your colon or vagina?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Vagina. What now?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 6 years ago.
This is called a vesicovaginal fistula. Depending on the location of the "hole", this can be repaired either through a surgical procedure through the vagina where the fistula is cut out and the good tissue are sewn back together. If the hole is higher up, then an incision may have to be made in the abdomen to repair this hole. Your scope procedure will be able to help your surgeon determine how to repair this. Hope this helps.