Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a yellow liquid coming out from my penis since 2

hi i have a yellow liquid coming out from my penis since 2 days, there is no smell at all , i am really worry about that if is it hiv or gonorrhea or ....transmitted thru sex action or relation. please advice me what to do and if it will stay for long time. thank you in advance for answer me.
Dr. Y :

Hi there, Thanks for your question. Please be patient for a response as I may be in the OR or driving, but will get back to you ASAP.

Dr. Y :

HIV does not cause penile discharge. Gonorrhea can cause discharge and if you had a risky sexual encounter, you need to see your doctor to have this fluid sent for STD screening and you need to be treated with azithromycin and rocephin antibiotics.

Dr. Y :

This is not something that is just going to go away on its own. You need to see a doctor and be treated with antibiotics

Customer:

can i get the medicine from the pharmacy like what u said azithromycin and rocephin antibiotics? or i must see the doctor

Customer:

what do u mean by risky sexual encounter?

Dr. Y :

You have to see a doctor because these are prescription medications only and have to be given by a shot

Dr. Y :

By risky sexual encounter, I mean having sex with someone you did not know very well

Customer:

is it injection ?

Dr. Y :

Yes, it is an injection

Customer:

yes i did

Customer:

where?

Dr. Y :

In either your arm or your buttock

Customer:

the doctor will ask for sdt test ?

Customer:

which kind of test and how long?

Dr. Y :

They will do this test when they see your discharge and you tell them the story you told me

Dr. Y :

They swab the urethra to send the discharge for a culture

Customer:

i am living in an arab country in the gulf , if i have realy gonorrhea is it risky to lose my residency?

Dr. Y :

I don't know about that, but in the USA, no one has any access to your medical records except yourself as this is private information

Customer:

i know doctor perhaps u have not experience on that , but in case u know that it will be great

Customer:

is it so serious dangerous ? i still have my erection, do i stop doing sex even using condomn?

Customer:

and how long it will take as treatment?

Dr. Y :

If it is treated properly, it is not dangerous. Treatment should only take the one antibiotic shot. If you don't have it treated, you will spread it to other people and you can develop scar tissue in the urethra which can make it difficult to urinate. Your partner needs to be treated as well. You should not have sex, even with a condom until the discharge is gone

Customer:

there is any other side effect or symptoms except this yellow liquid coming out?

Customer:

to be sure it is gonorrhea?

Dr. Y :

The only way to be sure is to see a doctor to be tested. Sometimes, all you have is discharge. Other times, you can have burning when you urinate. Your scenario certainly sounds like this is an STD

Customer:

std is not gonorrhea , by the way i have burning when i have urinate

Dr. Y :

Yes, gonorrhea is an STD

Dr. Y :

You most definetely have an STD and need to go get treatment now

Customer:

shall i go right now to the doctor bcz its night time or shall i do it tomorrow?

Dr. Y :

You can wait until tomorrow

Customer:

what about foods or alchohol may i have it or shall i stop?

Customer:

what kind of foods i have to stop eating it?

Dr. Y :

You don't have to stop eating or drinking anything. You just need to stop having sex until you get treated

Customer:

and once getting the injection, how long time do i need to get well? sorry doctor if i am asking a lot of questions

Customer:

because it makes me scared

Dr. Y :

It can take a week or 2 for it to clear up. I know it can be frightening, but there is nothing you can do about it now except to go get treated tomorrow

Customer:

ok thank you doctor, any other you have to tell me except that?

Customer:

shall i do blod test? even if they wont ask me?

Dr. Y :

No, that is all there is to know about this. You don't need a blood test, only the urethral swab to culture the discharge

Customer:

ok thank u doctor and have a good evening

Dr. Y :

Thank you. You too. I wish you the best

Customer:

thanking you.

Dr. Y :

Anytime

Customer:

bye

Dr. Y :

Bye. Please don't forget to hit accept. Thanks