How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. R Your Own Question
Dr. R
Dr. R, Board Certified Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 3570
Experience:  Authored over 25 Book Chapters and Articles, Specializes in male and female voiding issues
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. R is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

64 year old male frequent urination with sometimes slight

Resolved Question:

64 year old male frequent urination with sometimes slight stinging at end every week or so there is significant blood in urine which will reoccur once or twice in 24 hour period
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. R replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. Please be patient as I respond: I may be in the OR or seeing a patient and will respond ASAP.

You need to see a urologist for the frequency and blood.
Blood in the urine can be caused by infections, inflammation, stones or growths anywhere in the urethra, prostate, bladder or kidneys. This must be evaluated by a urologist to rule out a growth as the source. The evaluation includes a urinalysis, a urine culture, a urine cell test called a cytology, as well as a Ct scan of the kidneys ( or a sonogram) and a cystoscopy, where the urologist looks in the bladder. Most likely not cancerous, but the evaluation needs to be done to be sure. 
Dr. R and 2 other Urology Specialists are ready to help you